Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sumas XC!!

Ride 75

Sumas Mtn.

Chadsey Lake Trail, The Way Out, Emma Peel, CYOA, Police Line.

I was late arriving for our 9 am start time. Turns out I had forgotten my bug spray and decided to back home to get it. I wasn't going to do another ride up there with out it. As I pulled up at the parking area, it seemed that Matt, Steve and Scott didn't have bug juice with them. They weren't too sore about me being 10 mins late as they lathered themselves in 23% DEET.

As I pulled the bike out of the truck Matt looked over and said one word..."Chadsey?" I'm always in for a Chadsey run. So began the long arduous climb up Sumas. Like I said with my ride with Tom, an hour up is me pushing it. The guys were nice enough to go at my pace. Matt even managed to get a tentative, sorta committed, semi-excited "yes" out of me coming to spin class with him on Tues and Thurs mornings. I know I need to up my intensity to boost my climbing cardio power, maybe this will do it.

We reached the top, had some snacky cakes and then it was on to Chadsey. The trail was wet, loose and slippery roots were abound. Scott was having a hell of a time as he still had his BC bike race SB8's on his bike. I think he ate root 3 times....they weren't pretty either.

We spat out of Chadsey and rode The Way Out. Matt's rear changer committed suicide and jumped into his spokes right at the road, so he coasted back down to the parking lot. Steve had to be back at the p-lot by 12:30 at the latest. So that left Scott and I to ride some sweet XC on Emma Peel. I half dropped the seat and turned the Pro-pedal on and gave it all I had. Once again it was a fantastic ride! It's nice riding with people.

Matt leading Scott and Steve on the Chadsey Lake Trail.

Scott descending.

Steve descending.

You're not going to find this on the Shore!

No comments:

Post a Comment