Saturday, July 16, 2011

Keeping up with the Toms's

July 10

Sumas Mtn

Ride 73

Knob Gobbler, Holiday Sauce, Extra Sauce, Emma Peel, CYOA, Police Line.

XC ride with Tom. I pushed my self pretty hard on this ride trying to keep up with Tom on the climb. No matter how much riding I do, I cannot seen to become a good climber. I think it's the lack of intensity on the pedals up. Maybe I need to start doing some IHIT runs again....bleh. Anyway I did the climb in about 1 hr and 5mins, which isn't so bad considering my best ever time is an hour flat. The ride down is what killed me. Some time this summer Tom has learned how to shred that XC bike of his on the down hills! The only places I was faster than Tom was on a few sections of the Sauces where the Enduro was able to show the benefits of its slack angles. But as soon as the trail got twisty or started to point up.....Tom was gone. I blame the lack of a dropper post and his 6lbs weight advantage, rather than my physical short comings. No pictures as I was just trying to keep up.

This ride was tough on me. By the time I had gotten home my lower back had seized up and basically immobilized me. I spent the next 5 days hopped up on muscles relaxers and anti inflammatories.

No comments:

Post a Comment