Saturday, July 16, 2011

Finally getting to it!

Ride 71

July 5, 2011

Ledgeview

Lower AmbideXCross, Upper AmbideXCross, Lower AmbideXCross, Lazy Boy, Tools of the Trade, Little Butt (up), Little Butt (down), Hidden Valley Connector, Flinstones, Spawn of BoulderDash, Autobahn.

Iam had read my previous post, and saw the photos, about the new-ish Upper Ambi trail and was excited to have a go at it. So we met at 11am on a quite a warm day and rode up for a grueling XC ride. Matt Scott is the brain child behind the south side Ledgeview trails. Matt enjoys pain. Matt enjoys suffering. More than that, Matt enjoys watching others suffering in pain. Upper Ambi, as is most of the south side, is true XC riding. Tight, twisty, bench cut single track with lots of ups and downs. What makes it sadistic though is the bloody up hill 270 degree switch backs! Matt makes them look very easy....I don't like riding with Matt.

Any way as the ride progressed it got warmer and warmer. By the time we were back at the vehicles, I was starting to feel the effects of  the heat. On the drive home the thermometer in the truck bounced between 28-29 centigrade. I had to work the night shift after this ride and I think I had a little heat stroke. I started my shift at 7pm and kept the AC in the car on full pull until about 1am, after that I was feeling normal. Anyway on to the pictures.

Ian riding under the cliffs.

Lining up the shot on the tricky Lower Ambi Bridge.

Showing you how it's done.

In bloom.

1 comment:

  1. Funny thing that day I was dying for the cooler days of spring. Today I am dying for the warm days of summer. Can't win.

    ReplyDelete