Saturday, July 2, 2011

Dirty, dirty climbing.

June 30, 2011

Ride 69

Vedder Mtn

The Den, 2 cents, Skidder, Hidden Pleasures, Turd Ferguson, Ditch Chicken, Mexican Ninja, Electric Lettuce, Femur.


I headed over to Vedder with the intent of climbing all the way to the Den.  The Den has recently become my favourite trail to ride and a trip to Vedder without it just doesn't feel right. The problem with The Den is that it damn near doubles the time of the pedal up, and really only gives you about an extra 5-7 mins of down hill. I am probably sitting at a 50% success rate when it comes to convincing myself to continue on past 2 Cents. On this ride I really wasn't feeling the extra elevation gain, but pushed my self through it knowing that the single track up there is so buff. A couple rain clouds moved in and cooled me off as I neared the top. All the trails where running well and the new section on Femur will be wicked once it firms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment