Saturday, July 2, 2011

Canada Day!

July 1, 2011

Ride 70

Ledgeview

Lower AmbideXCross, Lazy Boy, Tools of the Trade, Little Butt (up), Little Butt (down), Hidden Valley Connector, Flinstones, Spawn of BoulderDash, Autobahn, Upper AmbideXCross, Lower AmdideXCross.


Pedaled from the house today and went for an extended XC/AM loop on the south side of the Ledge. This is my usual route with a little twist. I decided to give Matt's newly opened trail a try today and what a trail it is. At first I was thinking the name should be changed from "Upper Ambi" to something like "Pain and Suffering" or "Don't be a P***y". The first half is a bunch of Matt's sadistic switch backs and steep climbs, but then you hit the bottom of the cliffs and the trail turns down. Fast, flowy, narrow bench cut single track. I was hooting out loud it was so much fun! Lots of little natural hips and booters to jump of off, with some nice exposure as well. I felt like Luke Skywalker on a Speeder Bike on the Moon of Endor. I took a couple pictures of the cliffs and some of the trail that followed. The first photo is from Little Butt if anyone is wondering. I think I may move Upper Ambi to the beginning of my XC loop as it kinda kills the flow that progresses from Flinstones to Spawn of Boulderdash to Autobahn.








1 comment: