Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Schralpin' in the rain.

Ride 33

Ledgeview

AmbideXCrous, Lazy Boy, Tools of the Trade, Flintstones, Spawn of Boulderdash, Autobahn.

I've been shopping for a new bike for a little while now. For a bit there I was set on a Santa Cruz Butcher, but some reading on NSMB, Pink Bike and MTBR had me take a second/closer look at the Specialized Enduro. Bob, from Life Cycles, rode one at our recent Super D at Sumas and was school girl giddy over it. Luckily Life Cycles is signed up on Specialized's test bike programme! I found my self at the shop this morning, as they opened, and loaded up a demo Enduro Expert in the truck. The expert was a little rich for my blood, but would give me a good idea on how the bike felt.

I decided that I would do a lap on my usual Ledgeview south side route as I think I can rip this with my eyes closed. The bike pedaled up really well for having a 160mm fork up front. The slack 66 degree HT and 75 degree ST made for a wicked ride. Once at the top I dropped the seat and headed down.

I took it a little easier than usual, as I didn't want to get too rowdy on a borrowed bike. The Enduro flowed really well though the tight switch backs and the 160mm of FSR travel in the rear felt so smooth compared to the single pivot action I'm used too.

After the ride I was sold and put the plastic down for a new 2011 Specialized Enduro Comp. At the same time I upgraded the fork from a Lyrik R solo air to a RC2DH by adding a compression cartridge. Bike will hopefully be ready to ride on Friday. I'm very excited.



No comments:

Post a Comment