Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The King of Burnaby Mountain.

Ride 2. January 10, 2011

Work and weather haven't been co-operating this month. It seems the only days I have off are the ugly ones.

While chatting with Morgan about what to ride on Burnaby Mtn, he suggested that I do some bus loop shuttles. I politely declined saying that I haven't been riding enough lately to justify that. Morgan then put me in the running for the King of Burnaby Mountain, what a nice guy.

I had only ridden BM one time previous last year and rode up from North Rd, this time I thought I'd try parking on Gaglardi Way and pedal up to the Water Tank Service Rd,  a much faster way to the top if you ask me. Morgan then suggested I do a counter-clockwise run of Mel's, as he says it flows better that way. He was right. I had remembered Mel's being a slog that I didn't like when I did it from the other direction. Not sure on my time constraints, I opted not to pedal up Gear Jammer and do a second lap of Mel's, turns out this decision put me at work about an hour and half early. From there I rode down Dead Moped and North Rd Trail. These last two trails are quite sedate and skirt the edge of boring. Trails were in great shape though as everything was frozen solid.

I'm not sure how many times I'll ride BM, but since it's close to work and the local hills are buried in snow, it might be a couple more times this winter yet.

On with the pictures. I took two photo's of my "XC" bike. One in climbing mode, one in descending mode.


This is what the trails looked like, clear and frozen.

 Looking towards Mt. Seymour.

No comments:

Post a Comment