Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Greatest single track ever.

Feb 15, 2011. Ride 14.

Vedder Mtn.

Duck Farm Trail.

I think this is bar-none the best single track in the Lower Mainland. I personally haven't ridden any else that comes close. It comes at a price though. The full loop is almost 3 hours long...30 mins of it is single track, then the trail spits you out on the road about 10km from were you park. I think its worth it, but apparently others don't. The trail doesn't get rode much, a plus in my books.

The ride starts from the parking area by the Vedder River Bridge. From there its about 3 km's on the road towards Cutlas Lake to where you start the ride up. From there its about a 45 min climb up some bench cut trail through a previous slide area.

Once you hit the top your met by some sweet Vedder Mountain Trail Association trail markers. Ya that is trail number 203.

This rock is killing me...it's a bottom bracket eater and then you have to avoid the rock to the left in the picture. Not to mention there is a bit of exposure to the right of the picture. Eating it here usually hurts.


The trail features some old school sketchy bridges.

Blow down sucks, especially when its on the lip of a drop. Now one I know of maintains this trail and that trees needs someone skilled with a chainsaw. I took the picture after fighting my way through the tree the wrong way.


Its never fails. The bottom of the trail is very fast and very rocky, I have yet to make it through without flatting.


Once you hit the road its about 2 kms to the rail bridge, after crossing the bridge its about 8 kms on multi-purpose trail back to where you park. Its a nice finish to a sweet ride.


Big ride, the end.









2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this TR, sounds great! I'll have to come out and try it sometime when it isn't snowing.

    ReplyDelete